Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some of my Past Artwork

I thought I'd take the time to search through my old photos to show you some of the things that I have made in the past.  I use to sell my dolls under the name "Things That Make You Smile", of course once I had a telemarketer ask if I was a dentist! Oh well.  Wonder what they will think of "The Sheep's Nest",hmmmm.

This is Mabel and she was feature in an Early American Life article some years back.  I think she is one of my favorite dolls that I have made.

Here is a sweet little pumpkin girl, I have a great collection of antique petticoats and linens that I love to use in all different types of artwork.

Her dress was made from a homespun wool sheet.

This is something I made more recently.  I had gotten a box full of broken china pieces from Germany and for years was waiting for just the right project to use them.  I am quite happy with how she turned out.  The dress is made from crepe paper.

I have also done some needle felting, like the head on this santa.

Here is another needle felted face.

Well I hope you enjoyed looking as some of my past work.  I'm hoping that this will give me the boost I need to start on some new projects!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Thank you so much for sharing your BEAUTIFUL works!!! I must admit, I cannot pick a favorite, I LOVE them all!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    So wonderfull to see your dolls , I too love Mabel, she is something special.
    And the Santas are so sweet too, thanks for sharing all your lovely work.
    xo Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mabel is a wonderful country girl/farmer's wife perhaps. I like her an awful lot. There is something very serene about her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!